Diet & Nutrition
It’s not very often that I run into some literature that totally resonates with me. The article that I’m about to share with you is what I’ve I been preaching to my family, friends and clients for years. But since I don’t have a PHD in Medicine whatever I said would be put to the wayside.
The article is about the real causes of heart disease. Now we’ve been told for years by doctors that the leading cause of heart disease is high content of fat in our diets that is raising our cholesterol levels, therefore causing plaque build up in our artery walls blocking the flow of blood and nutrients throughout bodies.
So the doctors theory to cure or prevent heart disease was to lower our fat intake. Doctors came up with this theory 50 or 60 years ago and that’s why today in our supermarkets we are bombarded with low-fat foods. As you and I can see the low-fat diet theory has not worked. In fact, Americans are more heavy laden with sicknesses now then we ever been in history!
Diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, cancer, etc. are so prevalent in our society that it has almost become apart of the norm for us. These diseases are far from normal and totally avoidable if we take the right approach to our health and well being.
I would love to go into all of the history and research I’ve done over the years but I do not want to take anything away from the extreme value that you are about to receive in the article below. Did I mention that this article is coming from a Doctor? Check it out and let me know what you think of the article.
ATTENTION TO ALL MY LADY WARRIORS: Make Sure You Grab a Copy Of My Wife’s New Cookbook “The Bikini Kitchen“. It’s an AWESOME program that I’m positive you’ll get tons of extreme value from it. The best part is that it’s not a low-fat diet. Check it out:
>>> The Bikini Kitchen Program <<<
Heart Surgeon Speaks Out On What Really Causes Heart Disease
Dr. Dwight Lundell
Thu, 01 Mar 2012 21:58 CST
We physicians with all our training, knowledge and authority often acquire a rather large ego that tends to make it difficult to admit we are wrong. So, here it is. I freely admit to being wrong. As a heart surgeon with 25 years experience, having performed over 5,000 open-heart surgeries, today is my day to right the wrong with medical and scientific fact.
I trained for many years with other prominent physicians labelled “opinion makers.” Bombarded with scientific literature, continually attending education seminars, we opinion makers insisted heart disease resulted from the simple fact of elevated blood cholesterol.
The only accepted therapy was prescribing medications to lower cholesterol and a diet that severely restricted fat intake. The latter of course we insisted would lower cholesterol and heart disease. Deviations from these recommendations were considered heresy and could quite possibly result in malpractice.
It Is Not Working!
These recommendations are no longer scientifically or morally defensible. The discovery a few years ago that inflammation in the artery wall is the real cause of heart disease is slowly leading to a paradigm shift in how heart disease and other chronic ailments will be treated.
The long-established dietary recommendations have created epidemics of obesity and diabetes, the consequences of which dwarf any historical plague in terms of mortality, human suffering and dire economic consequences.
Despite the fact that 25% of the population takes expensive statin medications and despite the fact we have reduced the fat content of our diets, more Americans will die this year of heart disease than ever before.
Statistics from the American Heart Association show that 75 million Americans currently suffer from heart disease, 20 million have diabetes and 57 million have pre-diabetes. These disorders are affecting younger and younger people in greater numbers every year.
Simply stated, without inflammation being present in the body, there is no way that cholesterol would accumulate in the wall of the blood vessel and cause heart disease and strokes. Without inflammation, cholesterol would move freely throughout the body as nature intended. It is inflammation that causes cholesterol to become trapped.
Inflammation is not complicated — it is quite simply your body’s natural defence to a foreign invader such as a bacteria, toxin or virus. The cycle of inflammation is perfect in how it protects your body from these bacterial and viral invaders. However, if we chronically expose the body to injury by toxins or foods the human body was never designed to process,a condition occurs called chronic inflammation. Chronic inflammation is just as harmful as acute inflammation is beneficial.
What thoughtful person would willfully expose himself repeatedly to foods or other substances that are known to cause injury to the body? Well, smokers perhaps, but at least they made that choice willfully.
The rest of us have simply followed the recommended mainstream diet that is low in fat and high in polyunsaturated fats and carbohydrates, not knowing we were causing repeated injury to our blood vessels. This repeated injury creates chronic inflammation leading to heart disease, stroke, diabetes and obesity.
Let me repeat that: The injury and inflammation in our blood vessels is caused by the low fat diet recommended for years by mainstream medicine.
What are the biggest culprits of chronic inflammation? Quite simply, they are the overload of simple, highly processed carbohydrates (sugar, flour and all the products made from them) and the excess consumption of omega-6 vegetable oils like soybean, corn and sunflower that are found in many processed foods.
Take a moment to visualize rubbing a stiff brush repeatedly over soft skin until it becomes quite red and nearly bleeding. you kept this up several times a day, every day for five years. If you could tolerate this painful brushing, you would have a bleeding, swollen infected area that became worse with each repeated injury. This is a good way to visualize the inflammatory process that could be going on in your body right now.
Regardless of where the inflammatory process occurs, externally or internally, it is the same. I have peered inside thousands upon thousands of arteries. A diseased artery looks as if someone took a brush and scrubbed repeatedly against its wall. Several times a day, every day, the foods we eat create small injuries compounding into more injuries, causing the body to respond continuously and appropriately with inflammation.
While we savor the tantalizing taste of a sweet roll, our bodies respond alarmingly as if a foreign invader arrived declaring war. Foods loaded with sugars and simple carbohydrates, or processed with omega-6 oils for long shelf life have been the mainstay of the American diet for six decades. These foods have been slowly poisoning everyone.
How does eating a simple sweet roll create a cascade of inflammation to make you sick?
Imagine spilling syrup on your keyboard and you have a visual of what occurs inside the cell. When we consume simple carbohydrates such as sugar, blood sugar rises rapidly. In response, your pancreas secretes insulin whose primary purpose is to drive sugar into each cell where it is stored for energy. If the cell is full and does not need glucose, it is rejected to avoid extra sugar gumming up the works.
When your full cells reject the extra glucose, blood sugar rises producing more insulin and the glucose converts to stored fat.
What does all this have to do with inflammation? Blood sugar is controlled in a very narrow range. Extra sugar molecules attach to a variety of proteins that in turn injure the blood vessel wall. This repeated injury to the blood vessel wall sets off inflammation. When you spike your blood sugar level several times a day, every day, it is exactly like taking sandpaper to the inside of your delicate blood vessels.
While you may not be able to see it, rest assured it is there. I saw it in over 5,000 surgical patients spanning 25 years who all shared one common denominator — inflammation in their arteries.
Let’s get back to the sweet roll. That innocent looking goody not only contains sugars, it is baked in one of many omega-6 oils such as soybean. Chips and fries are soaked in soybean oil; processed foods are manufactured with omega-6 oils for longer shelf life. While omega-6′s are essential -they are part of every cell membrane controlling what goes in and out of the cell — they must be in the correct balance with omega-3′s.
If the balance shifts by consuming excessive omega-6, the cell membrane produces chemicals called cytokines that directly cause inflammation.
Today’s mainstream American diet has produced an extreme imbalance of these two fats. The ratio of imbalance ranges from 15:1 to as high as 30:1 in favor of omega-6. That’s a tremendous amount of cytokines causing inflammation. In today’s food environment, a 3:1 ratio would be optimal and healthy.
To make matters worse, the excess weight you are carrying from eating these foods creates overloaded fat cells that pour out large quantities of pro-inflammatory chemicals that add to the injury caused by having high blood sugar. The process that began with a sweet roll turns into a vicious cycle over time that creates heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes and finally, Alzheimer’s disease, as the inflammatory process continues unabated.
There is no escaping the fact that the more we consume prepared and processed foods, the more we trip the inflammation switch little by little each day. The human body cannot process, nor was it designed to consume, foods packed with sugars and soaked in omega-6 oils.
There is but one answer to quieting inflammation, and that is returning to foods closer to their natural state. To build muscle, eat more protein. Choose carbohydrates that are very complex such as colorful fruits and vegetables. Cut down on or eliminate inflammation- causing omega-6 fats like corn and soybean oil and the processed foods that are made from them.
One tablespoon of corn oil contains 7,280 mg of omega-6; soybean contains 6,940 mg. Instead, use olive oil or butter from grass-fed beef.
Animal fats contain less than 20% omega-6 and are much less likely to cause inflammation than the supposedly healthy oils labelled polyunsaturated. Forget the “science” that has been drummed into your head for decades. The science that saturated fat alone causes heart disease is non-existent. The science that saturated fat raises blood cholesterol is also very weak. Since we now know that cholesterol is not the cause of heart disease, the concern about saturated fat is even more absurd today.
The cholesterol theory led to the no-fat, low-fat recommendations that in turn created the very foods now causing an epidemic of inflammation. Mainstream medicine made a terrible mistake when it advised people to avoid saturated fat in favor of foods high in omega-6 fats. We now have an epidemic of arterial inflammation leading to heart disease and other silent killers.
What you can do is choose whole foods your grandmother served and not those your mom turned to as grocery store aisles filled with manufactured foods. By eliminating inflammatory foods and adding essential nutrients from fresh unprocessed food, you will reverse years of damage in your arteries and throughout your body from consuming the typical American diet.
I really hope you guys enjoyed this article as much I have and I have plenty more amazing content coming your way soon. LADIES again, make sure you grab a copy of wife’s new cookbook “The Bikini Kitchen“. It’s an awesome book and I’m sure you gonna love it.
Listen up! In order for this to work I need you to forget whatever you learned about getting into shape. Every diet, DVD, Pills, Shake and Drink, consider it all trash. None of that crap works and deep down you know it’s true.
But don’t worry…
All hope is not lost. I put together a few tips that has help me and several of my clients get more jacked than they’ve ever been in their life. So right now if you’re at work I need you to grab your laptop and crawl under your desk. If you’re at home or in a public place I need you to get into a secluded area, so no one can see your computer screen. Are you ready?
Here it goes:
- Get rid of all the junk food in your house NOW:All the candy, chips, ice cream and/or anything else that will keep you fat. If you’re worried about throwing out the snacks because you feel that you’re depriving your kids of the foods they love or your husband/wife will kill you if you do. Don’t be, you’re doing them a favor.Consider this; the junk food that you’re feeding your kids and stuffing your wife/husband face with is full of artificial sweeteners and preservatives that their bodies cannot breakdown. These foods have gotten you into the shape that you are in today. Do you really want this for your kids? Or do you want your wife/husband to be to be so big that you have to butter their body just to squeeze them out the front door every morning? I didn’t think so!
- Make A Plan (write the vision): You know you want to get into shape but you don’t have a clue how you’re gonna do it. First, write down specifically what is it that you want to achieve and in what time frame you want to do it (ex. lose 10% body fat in 3 months) . This time has to be realistic for you. Next, figure out the days and times you have available to work out. Then write out the exercises that you’re going to do on the days you workout in full detail or click hereto get a done for you version.
- Create A Meal Plan (with some wiggle room): Let’s be honest, you enjoy cheeseburgers, fries, pizza, and steaks don’t you? I know I do, so I add one of these items to my meal plan once a week. You don’t want to completely restrict yourself from these foods. Why? This isn’t just some diet that you’re trying for a while to lose a few lbs. This is lifestyle change and realistically, you’re not gonna stay away from bad food forever. So keep the cheat meals to once a week.
- Hypnotize yourself into shape:Begin to speak as if you already accomplished your goal. You need to visualize yourself with the body that you want. So if you have to take a picture of yourself now, then cut and paste your head on a healthy fit body in order to get a visual. Then do it. It’s been proven that if you accomplish a goal in your mind then your body will follow as long as you take the necessary steps as well.
- Motivation: Get passionate about this thing. What could be more motivating then having your spouse look at you the way they did when you first met. Running around with children and they get tired before you do. To look at yourself and be satisfied with what you see in the mirror. That should motivate you enough. But if that doesn’t motivate you. Consider this, maybe there’s a man or woman that you know who wishes they had legs to run and/or hands to lift weights.
- Keep a written record: We’re human. We forget easily. So keep track of everything you do. This helps you overcome plateaus that you may hit while trying to accomplish you goals. If you have a written record of the exercise you’ve done and the meals you ate you’ll know exactly what to change to move forward in your program.
- Embrace the haters: You’ll always have the nay sayers that’ll tell you that you’ll never accomplish your goal. They might remind you of your failed attempts in the past. But it’s different this time. This time you’re gonna finish the race. Take your haters negative words and use them as motivation to catapult you to your success.
- Don’t be afraid of Change (STAY FOCUSED):Sometimes things in our lives happen that are out of our control. The gym that you’re used to going to might have closed down or maybe a close relative of yours passed away. These types of changes in our lives are inevitable. This cannot be avoided, so we are forced to do what we always do…adjust. Don’t be afraid of change. Change is a necessary tool used to force us to be more creative with how we handle life’s situations.
- Live, eat, and Breathe success: You got to have an insatiable hunger for your success. At times this might call for you to be your own cheerleader when your energy is low. In order to do this, you have to want it and believe in yourself.
- TAKE MASSIVE, MASSIVE, MASSIVE, ACTION RIGHT NOW…
Now that you have these tips you must apply it. You can come out of your hiding spot now. You’ve been fully equipped with the tools you need to get jacked and keep it for the rest of your life. Need help on creating the meal plan and workout routine? Get both for FREE.
Just click here and get instant access to my Immortals Workout Guide.
Back in the day when I was still struggling to lose fat and getting totally desperate to see any kind of results, I fell into the same “quick fix” trap that I still see people falling into now. I tried every last extreme diet out there and I even resorted to dangerous fat burning pills…
all in an effort to look like Arnold (The Governator)…I just didn’t want to be a “lard a$$” anymore.
In my own defense (if I don’t defend myself who will?), I didn’t quite know back then how dangerous these pills were…at least not as much as I know now. I just figured that all the bodybuilders in the magazines were taking them and they were sold at the local store, they must be safe, right? WRONG!
Click Here ===> Fat Loss Secrets Video You Must Know
Here was the problem (for me and maybe for you too). We all want a rocking body and we want it NOW! Not only do most of us (myself included) lack patience in many areas of our lives (yes, get it to me yesterday) but sometimes when we don’t see results in an instant, we lose steam, we give up, we just figure it’s impossible.
Now, I’m not going to turn this into a Joyce Moore, self development, “You can do it” speech (don’t tell Joyce I said that). But what I am going to tell you is that if you’re looking for a quick fix to fat loss, fat burners are NOT the answer.
I could go on and on and tell you all the dangers associated with many of these pills…potential heart attack and damage to the heart, hormone disruption, stroke, permanent damage to your metabolism…but I think at this point many people are well aware of how dangerous these pills can be.
We’ve all seen the unfortunate news reports of people dying from these pills…it’s just crazy to consume them.
What I do want to share with you are some “safe”, quick ways to blow-torch unwanted body fat. Yes, healthy eating and hardcore training are always the answer, but sometimes we need just a bit more to get the ball rolling.
Click Here ===> Fat Loss Secrets Video You Must Know
Here are some of my own strategies that anybody can implement safely for accelerated fat loss results:
1. Eliminate Wheat and Dairy for 2 weeks or more. I know what you’re thinking. Then what hell am I going to eat? The thing is most wheat and dairy products will cause an inflammatory response in your body (without you even realizing they are the cause) and make it really difficult, sometimes impossible to see fat even budge off your body.
Wheat products include most breads, cereals, crackers, and pastas. Dairy includes milk products and cheeses. Eggs are ok and in many cases and butter is ok as well and will not stop the fat burning process.
2. Eliminate all grains for 2 weeks or more. What? I thought grains were healthy for me. Look I’m just telling you what works. And if you trying to sport a lean, diesel physique and your beach trip this spring is right around the corner and your ex-boyfriend, ex-girlfriend, or both (you never know lol) will be there!, Do this to make that fat come off faster.
Click Here ===> Fat Loss Secrets Video You Must Know
I highly suggest going “grain free” until you reach your desired fat loss. NO, I’m not saying grains are unhealthy. I’m just saying sometimes fat loss will be more accelerated without them. Grains include rice, oatmeal, millet, quinoa and spelt. All healthy, yes, but a few weeks without them will help your body shed fat faster.
3. Add lemon to your water. Lemon is a awesome detoxifier to the liver. And since the liver is your “fat burning” organ, we want it always working at optimum. Keep your liver squeeky clean, by not only eliminating processed foods and toxic substances from your eating plan but also by giving it a good cleaning with some fresh lemon.
You can also add some cayenne pepper to your drink as well and that will help to get your bowels moving (if the food is not finding its way out, weight loss will be much slower).
Click Here ===> Fat Loss Secrets Video You Must Know
There are many tactics and strategies that you can try before resorting to something dangerous like taking fat burning supplements that will work when you stick to them. Take action on the above 4 steps and walk onto the beach or into that high school reunion feeling and looking great.
Did you like this article? Leave a comment below and tell me what you think also, share it with your friends on Facebook.
My homeboy Elliot Hulse did a video that will help you to get that body that you want. Check it out:
Click Here ===> Fat Loss Secrets Video You Must Know
Today’s post is a little break from the norm. My wife was missing in action for her kitchen duties last night so I had to take over, lol. But really, I decided to take advantage of this opportunity by giving you a kick @$$ recipe that you can try out tonight. Check it out:
There’s plenty more where that came from. If you would like more easy recipes like this one and some kick ass workouts as well just go www.immortalsworkoutguide.com. It’s totally free. All I ask is that when you start seeing some awesome results. Just give me a little credit for it